Please Install CO (carbon monoxide)
With our homes closed up for warmth and heaters running we would like to remind everyone of the dangers of Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and the very simple ways to prevent it.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is produced when the following items are used and must be properly vented to the outside:
- Gas heaters
- Water heaters
- Fire places
To help prevent CO from building up in your home or work space :
- Make sure all of the above equipment is operating and venting properly
- Only operate vehicles and generators in well ventilated areas
By installing a CO detector you will be alerted to the presence of CO. These are battery operated, simple to install and can be purchased from any home improvement center.
For more information please go to the fire safety section of this site