The Alfalfa Fire District covers about 64 square miles with approximately 1240 residents. Boundaries of the AFD are within Deschutes and Crook Counties. All of our firefighters, medical responders and support team are volunteers.
The Bend Fire Department has the Ambulance Service Agreement (ASA) for our fire district which means they are responsible for paramedic and ambulance service. The AFD firefighters and medical responders provide first responder care such as incident location, scene stabilization, CPR/AED and first aid until Bend Fire Paramedics arrive.
Our volunteer firefighters and medical responders are dispatched through DC911. We are trained and equipped to respond to all types of emergencies including structure fires, wildland fires, vehicle fires, medical aids, vehicle accidents and rescues.
The mission of the Alfalfa Fire District is to enhance community safety through Fire response, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), community education and fire prevention.
To be an aggressive organization that provides our community with prompt, reliable service, To be fiscally responsible, citizen minded, And have a proactive approach to community relations, Fire and Ems education, And to protecting life and property
· Professionalism: In our service, And our Standards
· Integrity: We value the public’s trust and are committed to honest and ethical behavior. We hold ourselves Accountable to these values.
· Compassion: Demonstrate kindness and empathy
· Responsibility and Accountability: To our community, and to those we work with.
· Service Excellence: We do all we can to ensure we deliver the best possible service to our community through smart, well trained, dedicated, competent members. We are active participants in the communities where we live and work.
· Diversity: Be open minded and responsive to the uniqueness of our community without regard to age, gender, religion or ethnic origin.
· Commitment– In all department endeavors
· Teamwork: Encourage unity and a cooperative attitude
. Innovation: We recognize the value of change in responding to and meeting the ever-evolving needs of our community. We are committed to seeking out effective methods and progressive thinking toward change. We recognize the value of ongoing education and training