The 2021 fire season for Central Oregon could be early and long. We are encouraging everyone to prepare their properties while outdoor debris burning is allowed.
- Make sure your property address signs are easily readable.
- Make sure access roads are clear for fire apparatus.
- Identify and mark any water supply locations on your property that firefighters could use in case of fire.
- Defensible space- create 30 to 100 feet of defensible space around structures that will help you and firefighters defend your home in case a fire moves through.
- Clear area underneath large trees
- Clear combustibles at least 10 feet around propane tanks
- Plan Prep Go- familiarize you and your family with the Plan Prep Go plan. Evacuation-Guide
For more information on preparing for a wildfire please go to the following websites: